Finance FAQs

Do I need a business license?  According to the Paducah Code of Ordinances Chapter 106-63, any corporation, partnership, proprietorship, individual that receives or expects to receive gross receipts in excess of $600 annually in the conduct of business in Paducah is required to obtain a business license.

Who sets the assessment valuations for property tax purposes?  The McCracken County Property Valuation Administrator (PVA) is responsible for setting property assessment valuations for property tax purposes. The PVA can be reached by contacting Property Valuation Administrator Bill Dunn at 270-444-4712 or by visiting the PVA Website.