The mission of the Human Resources Department is to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services which contribute to the attainment of City and employee goals by
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the City
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations; providing management and employee training; and developing policies and procedures
- Providing training and development in areas of effective leadership; employment law and government regulation; and litigation avoidance
- Hiring the most qualified employees by pre-planning staffing needs; ensuring an effective internal interview process; increasing City visibility in the employment marketplace; and identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources
- Retaining our valued employees by assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management. Above all, employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every City of Paducah customer.
The Human Resources Department consists of two divisions: HR Administration and Risk Management. HR Administration formulates policies and develops programs in the full range of employment strategies to ensure compliance and services of the highest quality. In addition, this division works with the Finance Department in designing and implementing programs funded by the Health Insurance Fund, which is a self-insured fund for the employee health insurance cafeteria plan. Risk Management assists in reducing accidents, injuries, and workers’ compensation insurance costs for the City of Paducah through enhanced loss control efforts and continuing to reinforce risk training and strategies for the City’s 300+ full-time employees. Risk Management also negotiates and processes payments from the Insurance Fund for expenditures related to liability, workers’ compensation, property insurance and deductibles.
Note: Jobs close at 4 p.m. on their posted closing date unless otherwise noted.
To see a complete listing local job opportunities, visit the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training (also called the Paducah Career Center).
Kentucky Office of Employment and Training (Paducah Career Center)
416 South 5th Street
Paducah, Kentucky 42003