Midtown Golf Course is a hidden gem near the downtown and uppertown areas of Paducah. The park has also been called the Southside Park. The wide open area sits on ten acres off of Walter Jetton Boulevard. The facility is located behind the former Walter Jetton Junior High School. The golf course is a nine-hole par 3 course. In 2012, disc golf baskets were added to create a nine-hole disc golf course. Traditional golfers and disc golfers can play at the same time with the disc golfers throwing to the right or left of the greens.
Note: An 18-hole disc golf course is located at Stuart Nelson Park.
Midtown Golf Scorecard >>
Course Rules >>
Facility Photos >>
550 S 12th St Paducah KY 42001
Locate Midtown Golf Course with Google Maps >>
Midtown Golf Course Map (pdf) >>
1 large picnic shelter
9 hole par 3 golf course
9 hole disc golf course
Paved parking lot
Clubhouse -- seasonally staffed during the summer with equipment available for loan
Learn more about disc golfing, the Midtown Golf Course, and the disc golf course at Stuart Nelson Park by watching Paducah View - Midtown Golf Course and Disc Golfing (3:35 minutes). Paducah Parks Services Recreation Specialist and disc golfer John Gorrell is the interview guest.
Rules for Combined Course Play
1. Tee off from designated areas, as marked by numbered tee signs
2. Allow groups in front of you to complete the hole before teeing off
3. Slower groups should allow faster groups to play through
4. Disc golfers should view the putting greens and bunkers as out of bounds (OB). Take a drop where the disc entered the OB area with a one stroke penalty. Repair any divot left behind.
5. Traditional golfers should play disc golf baskets as a “natural obstacle” (i.e. trees, bush) to be played around
6. Should a ball come to rest on a disc, or a disc on a ball, take a drop immediately behind the current lie with no stroke penalty
Note: Please return any found equipment (discs, clubs, etc.) to the Paducah Parks Services Office located at 1400 HC Mathis Drive)
Click picture for a larger image.
Disc golf basket
Enjoying Midtown Golf Course
Large picnic shelter
Looking at parking area from upper parking lot next to Oscar Cross Boys & Girls Club