Off-duty Paducah Police officers may be hired by the public to perform security and traffic control services. Officers are often hired to provide security and traffic control at large and small events, traffic control for road construction or other projects in the roadway, security for meetings, and many other situations including weddings, graduations, birthday parties, jewelry store security, and sporting events.
- The jobsite must be within Paducah/McCracken County unless otherwise authorized by the Chief of Police.
- Officers are in uniform.
- Officers will not provide civil legal service or act as a witness to civil legal proceedings.
- Officers cannot be put in a position to determine who is admitted, served, or ejected from an establishment or event.
- Complete the Application and Contract.
- Fax the completed application and contract to 270-444-8663, e-mail it to Records Manager Amy Travis, or bring it to the police department at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Payment must be made prior to the event unless approved by the Chief of Police. Do not pay the officer at the jobsite.
Benefits of hiring an off-duty officer
- Certified and trained police officer in uniform.
- Police vehicle on site.
- Police presence often deters problems.
- On-site police response in the event of a problem.
$50.00 per hour
When am I required to hire an off-duty officer?
If you are planning a special event in Paducah, you may be required to hire a police officer if
- A special event permit is required by the city of Paducah, AND
- The event is taking place on city property (public sidewalk, public street, city-owned parking lot, or city-owned facility).
Records Manager Amy Travis
Paducah Police Department
Paducah, KY 42001