Hiring an off-duty police officer brings the knowledge, training, and experience of a police officer to the security of your event. Officers of the Paducah Police Department can be hired to provide security and traffic control at large and small events. Officers have been hired for past events such as traffic control for road construction or other projects in the roadway, security for meetings, weddings, graduations, parties, jewelry store security, and sporting events.
If interested in hiring an off-duty officer for a future event, please review the information below. Feel free to contact the listed contact with any questions about the service or the hiring process.
How to hire an off-duty officer:
1. Complete the Application and Contract.
2. Submit the completed Application and Contract at least 10 days before the event in one of the ways below.
Deliver documents in person to the police department at 1400 Broadway Street.
3. The submitted application will be reviewed and contact will be made to inform if the application was approved or denied.
4. Payment must be made before the event unless approved by the Chief of Police.
Pay Rate: $65.00 per hour
In the event of a cancellation, notice must be given at least 24 hours in advance or a minimum payment for 2 hours will be required.
When is an off-duty officer required?
An off-duty officer is required by local ordinance at events in the City of Paducah if:
1. The event requires a special event permit from the City of Paducah.
2. The event takes place on City of Paducah property such as, on public sidewalks, a public street, a city-owned parking lot, or a city-owned facility.
Restrictions for Events
1. The job site must be within the City of Paducah or in McCracken County unless otherwise authorized by the Chief of Police.
2. The hired off-duty officer will be in uniform.
3. The hired off-duty officer will not provide civil legal service or act as a witness to civil legal proceedings.
4. The hired off-duty officer cannot be put in a position to determine who is admitted, served, or ejected from an establishment or event.
Application for Contractual Off-Duty Officer
Contract for Contractual Off-Duty Officer
Records Manager Amy Travis