City Hall and Other City Facilities Closed to the Public Until Further Notice

Date of release: January 6, 2021

city hall graphicPaducah’s City Hall located at 300 South 5th Street and other City buildings will continue to be closed to the public until further notice.  Facilities include City Hall, the lobby of the Paducah Police Department, fire stations, Public Works Department lobby, and the Parks & Recreation Department offices. The City is monitoring the status of COVID-19 and coordinating with McCracken County. 

City Manager Jim Arndt said, “We had hoped to reopen City Hall and other facilities to in-person business next Monday; however, the active cases and new daily cases in McCracken County and across the State are not declining. Until we can reopen, please reach out to us through phone calls, email, and other methods. I look forward to being able to announce reopening plans; however, until then, please continue to wash hands, watch our distance, and wear masks to protect each other.”

Below are a few ways to contact City government:

  • For those who don’t want to mail the property tax and other payments to the Finance Department, please use the drop-box on the front of the 5th Street side of City Hall to drop off your check or money order.
  • The general information phone number for City government is 270-444-8800.  During normal business hours, Customer Experience Representatives take calls and assist in reaching the appropriate department or service.  After hours, please leave a message.
  • If you need a permit through the Fire Prevention Division, call Fire Prevention at 270-444-8527.  Information will be taken over the phone with payments through the drop-box outside the building.  Permits then will be emailed to the permit holder.  Regarding plans that need to be reviewed, please send them digitally if possible.  Otherwise, contact the receiving department: Engineering at 270-444-8511; Planning at 270-444-8690; and Fire Prevention at 270-444-8527.

A variety of information and contact emails can be found on the City’s website,