Date of release: June 11, 2020
The City of Paducah will be reopening City Hall located at 300 South 5th Street with limited access and specific procedures on Monday, June 15. To get ready for the reopening to the public, crews have been installing signage, hand sanitizer stations, and clear acrylic shielding to protect employees and the public and to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
City Manager Jim Arndt says, “I’m proud of the City Team for working over these past several months to continue City services even though the facility has been closed to the public. We want to encourage the public to continue using video conferencing to meet with staff and to conduct as much business as possible by phone, email, mail, or other digital means. However, we know that many citizens prefer to make payments at the City Hall location or conduct their business in person. To make sure everyone is safe and healthy, we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented various guidelines in accordance with the State of Kentucky and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations.”
The following procedures are in place for those who wish to conduct business at City Hall:
- City Hall is open from 8 until 9 a.m. Monday through Friday for high risk customers only. High risk customers include those 65 years of age and older and those who are immunocompromised or have underlying medical conditions including but not limited to chronic lung disease, serious heart conditions, diabetes, and chronic kidney disease.
- City Hall is open from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for all customers.
- At this time, only the following types of business will be conducted at City Hall without a prior appointment: financial payments in the Finance Department and permits and payments through the Fire Prevention Division. All other meetings with City staff will be by appointment only. Call the department of interest or the Customer Experience Department at 270-444-8800 to schedule an appointment.
- UPDATE: Per the Governor's Executive Order issued July 9, 2020, the wearing of face masks is required. There are exemptions incuded in the Executive Order. The City is providing disposable face masks upon entry to the building.
- Customers who have a fever or are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms are requested to avoid visiting City Hall.
- To provide the greatest amount of social distancing and to limit the number of people in the Finance and Fire Prevention areas, upon arriving at City Hall and before entering the building, please call Customer Experience at 270-444-8800. The Customer Experience Representative is tracking the number of people in the building and will let each customer know when it is their turn to enter the building and conduct business. Please be patient.
- Once inside City Hall, please follow the signage for the traffic flow around the atrium and the stairwells. Furthermore, the restrooms and elevator are limited to one person or a family unit at a time.
As a reminder, the drop-box located next to the 5th Street door of City Hall is available to drop off payments and correspondence. The general information phone number for City government is 270-444-8800. Also, check the city’s website for various email addresses and departmental phone numbers.
Information about changes to city services, links to resources, and other information related to COVID-19 can be found on the City’s website, http://paducahky.gov/news/covid-19-resources-and-information.