Police Department Services

How to make a report or report a scam


In an Emergency: Call 911  

For Non-Emergency Situations: Call 270-444-8550

To make a report, visit the Police Department or call one of the numbers above. The Police Department has officers on duty 24 hours a day. During the evening or on weekends, you may use the red phone located in the lobby to contact dispatch for immediate assistance.


To speak to a specific officer, check our CONTACT US page to see if the number you need is listed there.

Otherwise, call 270-444-8550 and ask if the officer you need is on duty and available to talk.


There are two ways to obtain collision and crime reports from the Paducah Police Department. 

Open Records Request Form - The Open Records Request Form can be hand-delivered, mailed, sent facsimile, or sent via email to Records Manager Amy Travis. 


Paducah Police Department Records Unit
Records Manager Amy Travis
P.O. Box 2267
Paducah, KY 42002-2267

Email: atravis@paducahky.gov
Phone:  270-444-8554 or 270-444-8547
Fax: 270-444-8663

For an expanded list of our report pricing (DVDs, Photo CDs, Audio Files, Large Files, etc.) see Records and Evidence.


In-person at the Police Department

Online via BuyCrash or BuyCrimes*

Where to go to retrieve your report

Come to the Paducah Police Department at 1400 Broadway, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Visit BuyCrash (for collision reports) or BuyCrimes (for crime reports)

*Some criminal reports can be obtained online. A report that references multiple victims may not be available online. If you are unable to access your report, please contact the Records Unit at the number above.*

To retrieve your report you will need

One of the Records Clerks at the front window will ask you to fill out an Open Records Request Form.  After you fill out the request and pay, the Clerk will retrieve your report.

  • Case Number
  • Report Date
  • Last Name of the involved party 
  • Paducah Police Department as the listed agency
Report Cost

Crime Reports: $1.00 per report (free for victims)

Collision Reports: $5.00 per report

$10.00 per report


How to request an extra patrol from the Paducah Police Department


Although the Paducah Police Department routinely patrols all of the city, short-term extra patrol for a residence, business or neighborhood can be requested.

Why would I request an extra patrol? Extra patrols can be requested to keep an eye on your residence if you are going out of town. They can be requested if you are aware of a criminal problem, traffic problem, or suspicious activity in your neighborhood or around your business.

If you need to request an extra patrol, please call 270-444-8550 and ask to speak to an officer about an extra patrol.

How to hire an Off-Duty Paducah Police Officer


An Off-Duty Paducah Police Officer may be hired by the public to perform security and traffic control for a variety of events. How to hire an off-duty officer 

For any questions, call Records Manager Amy Travis at 270-444-8547.


If you have expired or no longer needed pill/capsule medications, drop them off in our Prescription Drug Drop Box located in the lobby of the Police Department, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30a.m.

No information is requested.  The police department will properly destroy the medication to ensure it does not enter the water system or fall into the hands of drug dealers or children.

How to pick up my property or vehicle from the Paducah Police Department


Property and vehicles held by the Paducah Police Department are released by appointment.

If your property or vehicle was recovered or seized by one of the Paducah Police Department's Officers and you need to pick it up, call the Evidence Unit at 270-444-8639 to make an appointment.


Are you sure you need an alarm permit? Alarm permits are only required after THREE false alarm calls for service within a 12-month period.

After the third false alarm, the owner, manager or other person responsible for the site of the alarm will receive notification that they need to get an alarm permit. In these cases, the False Alarm Permit Application and a $25.00 permit fee should be submitted to the Finance Department at City Hall.

How to pay a parking ticket I received from the Paducah Police Department.


Parking tickets can be paid at the Paducah Police Department, Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or mailed using the information printed on your parking ticket. They can also be paid at the Finance Department in City Hall.

Cash and Credit Cards are the accepted forms of payment.

How to give feedback on your experience with the Paducah Police Department


The Paducah Police Department places a high value on accountability. Officers seek to serve the community with pride and professionalism with the ultimate goal of exceeding the public's standards by providing outstanding service. We value feedback from Paducah's citizens.

If you have an officer compliment, complaint or suggestion, let us know! We have feedback cards available in our lobby Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To give an officer a compliment, use the Officer Commendation Form. To make a complaint, contact the Office of Professional Standards at 270-444-8534.

Link to Paducah Police Department Facebook PageLink to Paducah Police Department InstagramLink to Paducah Police Department Twitter