The Memorial Day holiday affects City of Paducah services.
- City Hall located at 300 South 5th Street and the Parks & Recreation Department office at 1400 H.C. Mathis Drive will be closed Monday, May 27.
- The Engineering-Public Works Department will not collect residential curbside recycling on Monday. Those who have their recycling containers collected on the second and fourth Monday of the month will have collection on Tuesday, May 28. If you would like to sign up for Paducah’s curbside recycling program, contact the Engineering-Public Works Department at 270-444-8511.
- The garbage collection schedule for the Memorial Day week will not change.
- The Compost Facility located at 1560 North 8th Street is closed Monday, May 27. The facility’s normal schedule is Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. The Facility has compost available for purchase by the bucket load. A two yard bucket of compost costs $20.
The Noble Park Pool opens for the season this Saturday, May 25. During the Noble Park Pool season which lasts through August 11, the pool is open 12-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1-5 p.m. on Sunday. It will be open 12-5 p.m. on Memorial Day and Independence Day. Admission rates are as follows:
- Ages 0-3: $2.00
- Ages 4+: $5.00
- Senior (55+) and Military: $3.00
- Lap Swim Only: $1.00
- Groups of 15 or more: $4.00 each
Season passes can be purchased at the pool during normal operating hours or at the Parks & Recreation office. Season passes cost $50 per person or $125 for three.
Note: Due to maintenance issues, the Robert Coleman Sprayground will not be opening this weekend. Crews are working to correct the issues as soon as possible. Once it open, the sprayground will be open daily from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. through Labor Day.
Date of release: May 21, 2019