Live on Broadway is scheduled for Saturday, July 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. The event will be held on Broadway between Water and 5th Streets. This week’s musical entertainment includes:
· Oh Yeah Dakota, rock and blues band
· Ed and Elaine Jones, golden oldies
· Steel Dove, Christian rock and praise
· The Trio, fusion of funk, pop, soul and blues
Additional entertainment will be provided in the Family Fun Zone area, located in the 300 block of Broadway. Activities will engage all of the senses and introduce children to art, science, drama and storytelling. They are invited to indulge their imaginations in one of these hands-on activities:
· Painting with everything but brushes to produce a unique piece of community art.
· Etcetera Coffeehouse for kids! Children will have a chance to experience a mini café set up in the Family Fun Zone. Children will be invited to smell and feel the coffee beans, pour mom or dad up a nice cup of Joe or just have a tea party!
· Children will enjoy storytelling and will be introduced to drama through a technique called improvisation. The staff at Posh Academy will bring the story of Pete the Cat alive. With a brief introduction to “improv,” children will have the chance to play a role in the story as they join Pete the Cat on his journey of colors.
· Animal Tales will bring a few friendly critters for children to learn more about the animal kingdom. This is a great experience for children interested in nature.
Other attractions at this weekend’s event include a live performance by the Zerdali Dance Troupe and an inflatable slide for kids.
Future dates for this season’s Live on Broadway events will be Saturday, July 27, and Saturday, August 3. For more information, go to paducahalliance.org.
Paducah Renaissance Alliance, a national Main Street program, serves to stimulate the economic vitality of the historic downtown and Lower Town arts district, while protecting the historic integrity of our community.