Leaf Bag Collection Guidelines
Residents should bag their leaves for collection. Leaves that are not bagged will not be collected. Residents may use any type of yard or trash bag for their leaves.
- Call the Public Works Department at 270-444-8511 to schedule a pick-up for bags of leaves.
- City residents can drop bags of leaves off at the Compost Facility at 1560 North 8th Street during business hours at no charge.
- Do not include grass clippings, brush, trash, construction materials, etc. with the leaves. Bags that have any of these materials mixed with the leaves will not be collected.
- Place bags of leaves adjacent to the street (not in the alleys). Do not place bags behind obstacles such as parked vehicles, trees, mailboxes, fire hydrants, or streetlights.
- Bags should not be placed in the street, gutter, ditches, or any drainage way. This will obstruct the flow of storm water runoff when it rains. Also do not rake or use a leaf blower to move leaves to the gutter.
- Leaf collection will be postponed during any inclement weather conditions.
Leaf vacuuming will be done periodically in City rights-of-way. Residents who cannot bag their leaves should make arrangements with friends or family or a commercial lawn service to have their leaves bagged.
Commercial Lawn Services
Commercial lawn service organizations working for City of Paducah residents during leaf season are to remove the leaves from the premises and dispose of them properly. See Paducah Code of Ordinances Sec. 42-49 for additional information. The commercial organization will be requested to show its City of Paducah business license and provide the address of the Paducah residence where it has been working.
Leaf Collection Alternatives
Mulching is one of the best ways to recycle leaves. Many lawn mowers have mulching blades that cut the leaves into small bits. Those mulched leaves provide nutrients to flowerbeds, lawns, and gardens. Mulching is also good for the environment by reducing waste and saving money. City residents can drop bags of leaves off at the Compost Facility at 1560 North 8th Street during business hours at no charge.
NO Leaf Burning
Do NOT burn leaves in the City of Paducah. Leaf burning is banned by City ordinance. Review Paducah Code of Ordinances Chapter 42-49-(e)7 for information about legal regulations regarding waste disposal. Call the Public Works Department at 270-444-8511 for more information.