McCracken County FAQs

What are the Courthouse hours and location?     The Courthouse is open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.  The Sheriff's Office, County Clerk, and Circuit/District Court Clerk remain open to the public until 5:30 p.m. on Mondays.  The Courthouse entrance is located at 300 Clarence Gaines Street, which is two blocks off Broadway between South 6th Street and South 7th Street.

Where do I get a marriage license?     Licenses are available through the McCracken County Clerk's office.  Call 270-444-4700 for more information.  The County Clerk's Office also takes care of voter registration, vehicle registration, accessible parking permits, and boat licenses.

Where may dog tags be purchased, and does my dog need a tag?     Dog licenses may obtained from the County Judge's office, main floor.  The cost is $3.00 per tag and the rabies vaccination certificate is required.  Section III of an animal control ordinance passed by the Fiscal Court on October 24, 2005 states "The owner of all dogs over the age of four (4) months or those who harbor or maintain dogs in the County shall license and register their dog(s) with Animal Control in accordance with regulations established by Fiscal Court."

Is there an animal control officer?     Yes, the animal control officer may be reached at 270-448-1595.

What are the contact numbers for court related questions?     Depending on which court is involved, contact either the District Court Clerk at 270-575-7270 or the Circuit Court Clerk at 270-575-7280.  The District Court Clerk also handles questions about probate records.

What is the number for the Division of Child Support through the State of Kentucky?     Call 270-575-7051

What is the number for the Probation and Parole Office through the State of Kentucky?     Call 270-575-7235

What is the number for the Public Defender's Office through the State of Kentucky?     Call 270-575-7285

Where is Driver's License Renewal?     Driver's License Renewal is on the second floor of the Courthouse, next to the Circuit and District Clerk's office.  

Where are County property taxes paid?     Current property taxes are paid at the Sheriff's Department, main floor.  Delinquent taxes are paid in the County Clerk's office on the lower level.

Where is car registration?     Car registration is paid in the County Clerk's office, lower level.  Bring proof of insurance.

What do I do if I have paid off my vehicle?     After two weeks, contact the McCracken County Clerk's office at 270-444-4700 to verify that the lien has been released.  At your next convenient opportunity, bring the title to the McCracken County Clerk's office at the Courthouse to have the lien released on the front of the title.

Where are County employment applications obtained?     Applications or information can be obtained from the requesting department.

How may illegal dumping, unsightly weeds, or junked vehicles reported?     Contact the County Judge/Executive's Office at 270-444-4707.

How do I schedule an event at Carson park or rent a horse stall?     Call 270-444-4744.