About the Construction Division
The Fire Prevention Division of the Paducah Fire Department plays an essential role in facilitating construction which results in accelerating and expanding economic growth, creating more jobs, and generating more revenue for businesses and tax revenue for the city government.
Schedule an Inspection - Contact Fire Prevention to schedule an inspection. There is no need to request an individual inspector. Advise the staff of the project type, location, and type of inspection. Please provide at least a 24-hour notice for each inspection. Communication is critical to your project's success.
- Contractors and Sub-Contractors
All contractors and sub-contractors are required to obtain a City of Paducah business license through our Finance Department, 270-444-8513.
Proof of Workman's Compensation Insurance or an Affidavit of Workman's Compensation Waiver (if contractor has no employees) is required to be on file in the Paducah Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division upon issuance of permits.
- Demolition Contractors
Demolition contractors with employees must have coverage to apply for all employees for Statutory Limits in compliance with the applicable State and Federal laws. In addition, the policy must include Employers’ Liability with a limit of $1,000,000.00. Coverage for Comprehensive General Liability must
- Have minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence, $1,000,000 aggregate for Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability;
- Premises and/or Operations;
- Products and/or Completed Operations.
Business Auto Policy must be afforded and must
- Have minimum limits of $300,000 per occurrence, $300,000 aggregate Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability;
- Owned vehicles;
- Hired and non-owned vehicles
- Employer non-ownership.
The City of Paducah is to be listed as an additional insured on the Certificate of Insurance.
Clean-up contractors working for the Paducah Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division are required to have liability insurance coverage of $1,000,000.
Resources and Information
- Adopted Codes and Ordinances
- Permit Applications, Guidelines, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Storm Water Permits (requirements for erosion control and sediment runoff prevention)
- The Wood Frame Prescriptive Provisions apply to one & two family dwellings and townhouses of wood frame construction, not exceeding one story in height. This bulletin is for information and reference only and is not a substitute for accurate drawings prepared for proposed construction projects.
Scope My Project Online Portals
Paducah has launched Scope My Project, online tools centered around business development and project scoping. The portals will help guide citizens, entrepreneurs, developers, contractors, and business owners who are embarking on complex projects, such a starting a new business or a renovation project, through the City’s permitting requirements. These tools are designed to increase communication, enhance availability, and eliminate confusion.
These portals will eliminate surprises and increase efficiencies by improving communications between community investors and the City government. Our goal is to turn business dreams into realities.
Zoning Portal - Allows users to explore where different business types are permitted throughout Paducah.
Business Permitting Portal - A project scoping tool that guides the user to specific license, permits, and requirements for constructing, renovating, and developing a business in Paducah. After answering the questions, a summary specific to the project can be downloaded. This summary will include zoning information, permits needed, and a preliminary estimate of permit fees.
The portals also include links to contact City staff, set up a kick-start meeting, and an opportunity to create a free account to save project information and start the application process.
Customer Feedback Survey
The Fire Prevention Division strives to achieve good relationships with our residents and businesses. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. Your feedback will assist us in improving our services. Visit Customer Satisfaction Survey to take the online survey.