About the Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment (BOA) is a quasi-judicial board established under KRS 100.217. This five-member citizen board appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Commission. The Board of Adjustment has numerous duties including but not limited to the following:
- Hold Public Hearings
- Review and approve conditional uses
- Review and approve dimensional variances
- Review and approve Non-Conforming Uses
- Conduct Administrative Reviews
- Hear Zoning Appeals and render decisions
- Administer Certificates of Land Use Restriction
- Additionally, the Board of Adjustment has the power to subpoena persons in matters pertaining to the Board.
- BOA Members
Carol Young (Chair) - term expires August 31, 2023
Patrick Perry (Vice Chair) - term expires August 31, 2023
Troy Astin - term expires August 31, 2024
Erna Boykin - term expires August 31, 2025
Jim Chapman - term expires August 31, 2026
- BOA Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Board of Adjustment meets on the last Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers of City Hall unless otherwise noted. Deadlines for these meetings are 21 days before the meeting date with the exception of a Called Meeting. Minutes will not be posted until after they are approved at the next scheduled meeting. Only recent agendas are posted.
- BOA Applications and Forms
The Board of Adjustment has several applications including Conditional Use, Non-Conforming Use Change, and Variance.
FORMS - Conditional Use | Non-Conforming Use Change | Variance