Upcoming Events and Activities
- Now - Registration underway for new Community Garden gardeners
- February 26 - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Robert Cherry Civic Center Project at 2:30
- March 4 - Reservations accepted for Robert Cherry Civic Center dates beginning April 8
- March 7 - Registration deadline for Paducah Chiefs Little League
- March 13 - Tiny Tot St. Patrick's Day Celebration, 9:30 a.m. at Paducah Recreation Center
- March 15 - Parents Night Out at the Recreation Center
- March 21 - Registration deadline for Tiny Tot Soccer
- March 23 - Paducah Easterfest, 10-noon on National Quilt Museum lawn
- March 27 - First Day for Tiny Tot Craft Series
- April 1, 2, and 3 - School's Out Day Camp
Winter & Spring 2024 Parks and Recreation Guide
Full List - Annual Events and Activities
Paducah Parks & Recreation offers several annual special events and activities in addition to
- Arbor Day Celebration
Come out to the Noble Park Amphitheatre on Friday, April 26, 2024, for the Arbor Day Celebration. From 5 until 7 p.m. enjoy a tree identification walk, a coloring contest, arts & crafts, and more. Free for the entire family!
- Breakfast with the Bunny
Breakfast with the Bunny is a fun time for guests to enjoy a pancake breakfast, decorate their pancakes with all sorts of goodies, take part in a craft station and bunny-themed games, and meet the Easter Bunny.
- Candy Cane Hunt, Christmas Cards in the Park, Christmas Parade, and Gingerbread University
Enjoy an Easter Celebration on Saturday, March 23, 2024, from 10 a.m. until noon on the lawn of the National Quilt Museum located at 215 Jefferson Street. Additional information will be released soon.
- Greenway Trail Fun Run
The Greenway Trail Fun Run is for runners of all ages and skill levels. The FREE run starts at the Greenway Trail entrance in Bob Noble Park. The trail then head towards Stuart Nelson Park and turns around ending back at the Greenway Trail entrance. The course is 2.5 miles. Advanced registration is not required. There will be drawings for prizes before and free snacks after the run.
- Halloween Short Story Contest
This is a short story contest for students in 3rd through 8th grade.
- Holiday Farmers' Market
The annual Holiday Market is a one-day extension of the Paducah Farmers’ Market that brings together local vendors with their products including holiday gifts, woodworking, home décor, baked goods, crochet, weaving, pottery, metal working, jewelry and beading. This event is typically in December.
- I Heart Presidents Day
I Heart Presidents Day is a fun day each February with presidential-themed activities.
- July 4th - Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks
The annual July 4th Celebration held in downtown Paducah is a fun-filled day of food, musical entertainment, and fireworks.
- Movies in the Park
Movies in the Park is a family-friendly movie series organized by Paducah Parks and Recreation. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs, snacks, and insect repellent. The movies will be in Bob Noble Park on an inflatable screen set up in the grassy area near the Music Garden between the Noble Park Pool and Lake Gerry B. Montgomery.
- Noble Park Fish Out
The Noble Park Fish Out Tournament is a fishing tournament typically held in June for kids from 5 to 12 years of age. The FREE tournament is held at Lake Gerry Montgomery in Noble Park. This is a catch and release tournament with awards for largest fish and most fish caught.
- Paddle Up Paducah Pickleball Tournament
- Paducah Regatta at Noble Park Pool
Using materials such as cardboard and duct tape and only an hour to construct a boat, the goal is to race it across the Noble Park Pool without sinking. Awards are given to a variety of categories. A must-see event!
- Parents Night Out
Need an evening out without the kids? Kids ages 5-12 years old are invited for a night of pizza, games, and arts & crafts at the Paducah Recreation Center from 6 until 9 p.m. on select dates.
- Photography Contests
Parks and Recreation organizes photography contests. The Dog Park Photography Contest in May celebrates National Dog Park Day. The Fall Photography Contest, which is typically in October and November, celebrates the beautiful scenery and colors found at Paducah's parks in the fall. During the contest period, the public votes on the entries with awards provided.
- Pumpkin Walk
Local businesses, individuals, and organizations are encouraged to showcase their talents by registering for a scene along the Pumpkin Walk and then painting one or more pumpkins. The community will enjoy the scenes placed along the Peck Education Trail in Bob Noble Park in October.
- Snow Sculpture Contest
If Paducah receives enough snow during the winter, Paducah Parks & Recreation will hold a Snow Sculpture contest.
- Tennis Draw Your Partner Doubles
This is a fun social event where doubles teams are randomly drawn. Several dates are scheduled throughout the year. Attend by yourself or with a group. It's open to tennis players ages 16 and older and all playing abilities.
- Tiny Tot Craft Series
Parks & Recreation hosts an arts & crafts activity and playtime for kids ages five and younger and their parent/guardian at the Paducah Recreation Center.
- Tiny Tot St. Patrick's Day Celebration
Children 5 years old and younger are invited to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the Paducah Recreation Center.
- Tiny Tot Valentine's Day Celebration
Children 5 years old and younger are invited to celebrate Valentine's Day at the Paducah Recreation Center.
Tiny Tot Valentine's Day Celebration
- Touch a Truck
Touch a Truck is a free, annual event where kids, teachers, and families can see and touch approximately two dozen types of vehicles. This event is typically held in September.
- Veterans Day Awards, Events, and Contests
Learn more about the Distinguished Veteran Award, the Patriot Award, and the events scheduled for Veterans Day. Also, find out about the Veterans Day Poster & Essay Contest for K-12th graders.
Paducah Parks & Recreation Department hosts a Halloween-themed dog celebration with vendors from local animal shelters and businesses and a costume contest. This event is typically held in October.
Special Events Hosted by Outside Organizations
Paducah Parks & Recreation assists in the organization of certain special events that are hosted by outside organizations.
- Christmas in the Park Light Display - Paducah Power System holds the Christmas in the Park Light Display at Noble Park each year from Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve. Drive through Noble Park to enjoy this beautiful holiday light display. Canned goods or cash donations are accepted.
- Emancipation Celebration (August 8th) and Parade
- Labor Day Parade
Dogs at Special Events - Pets are allowed at city-sponsored community events. However, for the public’s safety, the City’s dog ordinance, Chapter 14 lists requirements. The dog must be licensed by McCracken County Animal Control or by any other state or county and restrained by a leash or other lead that is no longer than three feet.